Monday, October 08, 2007

What's Cooking?

This is on my counter at the moment: Whatever can be inside?
Looks like brains to me.....
So this nice lady at the NH Wool Arts Tour gave me directions on how to dye in a crock pot. And what do you know, I found a yucky old crock pot at Grandpa's house. Although once I got it cleaned up the inside stonewear or whatever it's called pot part is actually quite nice..... I'm pretty posative I didn't use enough dye. I was expecting this to bleed a LOT more than it appears to be doing. It needs to cook for another hour or so though, so we shall see what it looks like at that point. And Juli, if you want to get your hands on some superwash hand dyed sock yarn from your lovely sister you better cough up a pair of socks!!!!! Hahahahaah!!!!!

Also seen at the Wool Arts tour:

Not fiber related, but I thought the bees all over the sunflowers was pretty cool!

Angora goats for sale. I wish I had a big farm to keep animals on. Isn't this one a cutie?I loved the way the shaggy hair covered the Alpaca's eyes: I don't know if it's too hard to see in this picture, but there's a little Alpaca with a blue coat on that was born less than 24 hours prior to the picture. Apparently there were a bunch of people at the Farm at the time that got to see the birth: Devin, Georgie & I all got to try spinning on a wheel. It was pretty freaking cool and I DEFINITELY want to get a wheel now!!! Too bad I didn't get pix of the kids spinning :-( I didn't get much this weekend- just some dyes and some Alpaca/Wool top that I'm not sure if I want to dye or leave white. I have a pound of it, so I can leave 1/2 white & dye the other 1/2. There were some nice things, but I really need to get through some of my stash before I start buying TOO much more.... Unless it's something that just BEGS to come home with me! I plan on getting some fiber to spin at Rhinebeck and maybe the yarn for Hubby's Christmas gift, but that's pretty much it. I also want to seek out some wheels to test drive :-D

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Post some pictures of the yarn, I'm dying (hahahaha) to know how it came out.