Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Fiber stuff

So, before I get into the actual vacation stuff I'll do the vacation purchases, since I can't put that many pictures in one post! :-) Gloria and I stopped at WEBS on the way up to New Hampshire, and I got a few things for my Secret Pal, but I'm not gunna post pix of those, just in case she wanders across my blog. I really like all the Valley Yarn brand yarns, I made it a point to check them all out since you never really know what you're going to get when you order on-line.

Then we went to Patternworks and Keepsake Quilting where I got these:

That's a little gauger checker thing, a sweater stone to remove fuzzies, wool wash, an apron pattern book (gunna give sewing an other try- I really like the middle apron!) and two skeins of Berocco Ultra Alpaca in Prune. The Ultra Alpaca was slotted to become a Brea Bag, but I think I have since changed my mind. It's so soft and squishy.... I just can't see using it for something that wont be cuddled. I also got the Jo Sharp Knit book- Issue 1, which I forgot to throw in the picture.

Then Mom & Dad went to the Harrisville Yarn & Loom store and came back with these goodies:


The green is 100% wool and the gold is 25% mohair, 70% wool, 5% cashmere. Both are Harrisville's line of yarn & are a BIT scratchy, but not bad at all. I think the green may turn into the Brea Bag. I initially didn't want another green knit bag, but this green is so different from the green I used for my felted bag that I think it's OK. The gold kinda matches the gold I'm using for Juli's DNA shawl, but the fiber is so different that it may not work for a matching accessory. We shall see.

And speaking of Juli's shawl, there has been a bit of progress made on it. Yeah!!!!! I've been making an effort to finish up the zillion projects I have laying around. I would really like this to be complete by Rhinebeck. It's measuring 26 inches just laying on the couch. I don't think it will grow in length very much with blocking, but I also don't think it should be super-super long. Maybe 50-something inches with a nice pin to keep it closed? I dunno.... gotta think on this one.... Anyway, here's the progress pic: You can't see the bars within the cables very well in this picture, but the picture without the flash was so blurry that it wasn't even worth posting.

And one final picture for this post. Not fiber related. These are some tomatoes that I picked from our mini-garden this morning :-) There were three more tiny ones, but they were put into our breakfast (eggs). These will be either mixed with pasta or made into mozzerella and tomato salad tonight. Either way they will be in my belly!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Wow!! Progress on my shawl. . . I'm speechless.