Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

Here's my Secret Pal 11 questionnaire. I can't wait to get assigned my Pal :-)

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like knitting with all natural fibers. I LOVE alpaca. I don't like acrylic. I think I may be a yarn snob.....

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle case that my Mom made that fits a fraction of my straight needles. Everything else is in a plastic container.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Been knitting a couple of years. I'm self-taught. I guess I'm intermediate. I can handle cables and lace, seaming kills me though! And I have a very short attention span, so large projects are often lost on me.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup, I've got an Amazon wish list

5. What's your favorite scent?
Vanilla, or cookies baking... or pumpkin pie spice....

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a VERY sweet tooth!!!! Chocolate is my favorite. Dark. I'm also a constant gum chewer & coffee drinker.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm teaching myself to spin with a drop spindle. I like to make beaded jewlery, but I wouldn't say I'm any good at it! I attempt to quilt every so often, but that usually ends with me running to my mom for help! I'm trying to teach myself how to dye yarn and to tie-dye. The tie-dying is going pretty good :-)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like Folksy music: Indigo Girls, Simon & Garfunkle, Dar Williams, stuff like that. I can play MP3s on the computer.


9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purple is my favorite color. I like to knit with earthy colors. Not so crazy about super bright colors. I love fall colors- browns, deep reds....

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with two kidlets (a boy 5 & girl 7) and a cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes and no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like knitting cables, lace and baby items. When I get frustrated with a project I usually turn to a dishloth or washcloth as a quick *get it done* project then go back to whatever was frustrating me.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A bunch of shawls! A lace weight mostly stockinette shawl out of Merino, Alpaca Shawl with a lace pattern, DNA cable/lace shawl out of Alpace silk and a wool shrug.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I adore my straight bamboo needles, but I've grown rather fond of my Knit Picks Options set, so I may try out some Knit Picks DPNs. I can't knit with plastic needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yup, got both thanks to mom!!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Umm.... a year?

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! Or 4th of July for the fireworks :-)

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Turtles, and does yarn count?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Knit.1 (thanks to my sis, Juli) and Interweave Knits. I'm dying for the Vogue stitchionaries, any lace book, and any beginner sock book (gotta jump on that bandwagon!). Looking to try out some Knit Picks DPNs- I don't have any DPNs smaller than a 2.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Hmm... I can't think of any. I have the magic loop booklet, but I haven't tried it yet. Oh, and colorwork! The most complicated color work I've done is ball band dishcloths!! I want to try stranded knitting & have a few patterns in mind (the pirate hat from Hello Yarn being one!)

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet, but all the cool kids are doing it, so I have some sock yarn & some patterns ready to go for when I can take on another project. I wear a size 7 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
November 14th I'll be turning 30 @@

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
YES!!!!! I'm valink over there, and I'm totally addicted!!!

No comments: