Sunday, January 06, 2008

Attack of the Stash!!!

One of my 2008 Knitting Goals is to get a firm grasp on my stash... Organize it, gather it up from it random hiding places throughout the house, figure out what I actually own... all that scary stuff! So, I started taking pictures of what I have and putting it up on Ravelry, and OMG, I'm scared! LOL! I have way more than I thought! I definitely have to make an effort to knit from my stash more and buy less. I was at a yarn shop yesterday & saw some yarn that I thought would make a beautiful Branching Out scarf, then today I pulled out several skeins of lace yarn from my stash that were purchased specifically for branching out scarves! I'm glad I didn't buy that other yarn! I wound up getting a few skeins of Cascade 220 Superwash in pink and green that Devin picked out for me to make her a sweater with. I'm ok with that new purchase, since I don't currently have any other 220 Superwash, but I DO have some purple yarn that had been knit into 1/2 a sweater for her a while back. I think that will have to be ripped out & reknit into a sweater that will actually get finished! I'm slowly getting my stash up, but go have a peek if you're brave! Check it out here.

So, knitting pix.... I made a watch cap for the trade G made for the navagational charts & I'm 1/2 way through the mittens (one mitten made). I also finished my first sock :-) I haven't cast on the second yet, but I plan on doing so after I finish the mittens, then I plan on making socks for George. I haven't been knitting much the past few days since I've been organizing my stash. No spinning has been done either, but I expect to get back to that soon.
I tried on the hat:

Then I made G try it on. He didn't like it. He thought the blue was too femanine and the ribbing was "too fancy":Then when he saw the beginnings of the mittens he decided that the blue was in fact nautical and not too girley after all:And my first sock! Yeah!!!! One Jaywalker down, one to go :-)

And that's it for now. I'm getting back to putting my stash on Ravelry!

No comments: