Sunday, November 04, 2007

First handspun on my Joy

My first skein of yarn spun on my Ashford Joy! 93 yards of soft fluffy goodness!Yeah! It's one ply soy silk in purple green and blue and one ply merino that I dyed in shades of purple (see the post below). It looks like brains in this picture: And here it's a little neater:
Devin has requested a cabledhat out of this. I think I can do that :-) I have some more fiber in the crock pot right now that I'll be spinning into yarn for my secret pal. One ply will be alpaca and the other merino. Hopefully I'll spin it a bit more evenly than this! For my first skein on the wheel I don't think it's too bad though. And the merino- which I spun second- was WAY mpore even than the soy silk, so I take that as a sign that I'm improving.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Beautiful! That will make a great hat for Devin. I think you should knit it up right now!

Sheknits said...

Congrats on your gorgeous yarn. Talk about balnce...how in the world do you find time to spin...I won't even look in that direction cuz it certainly looks to be really cool but I just can't branch out any further without cracking