Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

My Mother's Day was awesome. I asked for the kids & George to let me sleep late, then to get an egg sandwich and coffee in bed. Well, Lil G was busting at the seams and could not contain himself past 6:30 am, when he woke me up to give me the best gift EVER- a spindle that he made me!!! He said it can double as a bug smasher. How sweet, huh? LOL! Then I went back to sleep and about an hour later I was woken up again and presented with my eggs (egg white wrap on a whole wheat wrap with broccoli, onions and mushrooms- Yum!) and a nice big mug of coffee. I was also given some very funny cards and gifts the kids made in school. G got me season 3 of lost. When I got out of bed I finished up some tie dying that I had started the day before, did some spinning then some knitting. When I finally got around to showering we headed out to my Parents with a few bottles of Champaign for Mimosas. At my parents house I washed out my tie dye and hug out & knit all day while drinking my Mimosas, then we got Tex Mex take out for dinner. I was VERY happy with my Mother's Day. I hope everyone else had great days too!!!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Sounds like a great mother's day! What is the spindle made out of? The tie dye stuff looks great. Can't wait to see what's mine!